Heckmondwike Primary School’s admissions policy is the same as the Kirklees Authority policy. If you wish to apply for a place for your child in Reception class starting September 2017, then you should make an online application using the Kirklees Parent Portal:
A detailed guide on how to apply for a place can be found in the Guide for Parents at: https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/admissions/pdf/primary-guide.pdf
Kirklees admission policy can be found at:
You can apply for a place in our nursery for a September 2017 start if your child’s date of birth falls between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014. The school provides 15 hours of nursery provision per week. This is offered as either 5x3 hour morning sessions or 5x3 hour afternoon sessions. Application forms are available directly from the school. For September 2017 admission, completed application forms should be returned to school by Friday 26th May 2017. On-time applications for nursery places will be allocated according to the following criteria:
If there are fewer applicants than there are places available, everyone who applies will be offered a place.
When there are more applicants than there are places available there has to be a way of deciding which children are offered places. This is done by having admission criteria, also known as over subscription criteria, which are considered in order:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or a child who was previously looked after.
- Children who live in the school’s Priority Admission Area (PAA) who have a brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Children who live in the school’s PAA.
- Children who live outside the school’s PAA who have a brother or sister attending from the
- same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Children who live outside the school’s PAA.
To contact the school for more information please call 01924 325690
A copy of the Kirklees policy can be found at www.kirklees.gov.uk/admissions.
Please click her to view our School Admissions Policy.