Welcome to Class 5M
My class teacher is Miss Lancaster. Mrs Murphy, Mrs Mehmood, Mrs Bibi and Mrs Bradbury also work with me. Our aim this year is to learn, listen and have lots of fun!
Lessons this term ……..
In History We will be learning about the Ancient Egyptians and focus on their lives - also we will look at Pompeii - Italy (focussing on the volcanic eruption and the geographical features of Italy.
In Science , we will be looking at space and forces. We will also be developing our skills in working scientifically such as predicting, measuring, analysing drawing conclusions.
In Art & DT we will be focussing on designing and making our own Superhero moving toys and creating our own pizza linked to our Italy topic.
In English I will be working with Miss Lee and Miss Mirza.
This term we will be reading Sci fi stories, which links to our superhero topic. We will also be focussing on Non-chronological reports historical stories and life dramas.
In Maths We will also be looking at direction as well as statistics and measurement. We will be working on fractions, decimals and percentages we will be looking at angles and improving my verbal reasoning skills.
Things to look forward to!
In music, we will be learning to play the clarinet!
There are lots of clubs this term so I need to make sure I take part and join a club!
These are a few things to remember!
- PE is on a Thursday afternoon so please make sure you bring the correct kit - white t-shirt, blue or black shorts/tracksuit trousers and pumps/trainers.
- Water bottles will go home each night to be washed and re-filled – this really helps with our concentration and stops us becoming dehydrated.
- Homework, consisting of a piece of English and Maths, will be given each Thursday to be returned the following Monday. A text message will be sent home if homework is not completed or returned to school. Extra topic homework may be given when necessary.
- Spellings will be given out on a Friday to learn for our spelling test the following Friday.
- It’s quiz time! Remember to read at home and change your book regularly. For every quiz we pass, we receive a sticker. For every 10 quizzes passed we receive a prize!