Welcome to class 3M’s webpage!
We are 3M and this year we are working in classroom 12. Our teacher is Mr Myers but we also work with Mrs Blyth, Mrs Murphy, Miss Isfahani and Mrs Rashad. On Mondays we do P.E, so we need to make sure we remember to bring our P.E kit!
Every Friday we get given homework and we need to complete it over the weekend and return it every Monday.
We have weekly spellings given every Monday and have are tested on them every Friday.
In English, we have been looking at non-chronological reports and will then start work on science-fiction stories!
In Maths we have started off the term by recapping our knowledge of the four operations and how to work out tricky calculations, using ‘column method’ for addition and subtraction, ‘grid method’ for multiplication and ‘bus stop method’ for division.
As part of our Topic work, we have learnt a lot about animals and skeletons, recognising vertebrates and invertebrates and even inventing our own vertebrates!
After studying the Stone Age and Bronze Age in previous terms, we will be moving on to the Iron Age within our History lessons.
These are a few things to remember!
- PE is on a Monday so please make sure you bring the correct kit - white t-shirt, blue or black shorts/tracksuit trousers and pumps/trainers.
- Water bottles will go home each night to be washed and re-filled – this really helps with our concentration and stops us becoming dehydrated.
- Homework, consisting of a piece of English and Maths, will be given each Friday to be returned the following Monday. Slips will be given out if it is not done or not completed to a suitable standard.
- Spellings will be given out on a Friday to learn for our spelling test the following Friday.
- It’s quiz time! In Key Stage Two we will choose our own book from the library and then when it is completed, we take a short quiz in school. When we receive 100% on 3 consecutive occasions, we can then go onto a higher level. We aim to do 2 quizzes each week! We would be very grateful if you could read with your child each night and record any comments in the reading log. Books can be changed before school, at break time, during personalised learning time, dinner time and after school.