Welcome to Class 2B
Our class teacher is Mr Barber. Mrs Zaman and Miss Patel also work as teaching assistants in our class.
Lessons this term …………
This term out topic is ‘Old Macdonald had a farm’.
In Science we will be looking at the needs of animals and their offspring and learning about simple food chains and different habitats. We will begin to look at the farming industry and learn more about where our food comes from. We are planning a trip to a real working farm.
In Art we will be making animal collages and looking at the work of the famous artist, Andy Warhol and creating art pieces inspired by his work.
In English I will be continuing the Literacy Hour where I need to be able to sit still and listen and work with my class for up to sixty minutes.
I will be looking at historical text and poetry.
I will also be working hard to improve my punctuation and spelling.
In Reading I will be looking at extended stories and non-fiction information texts. I will listen to stories retell them, describe the characters and settings, and then write my own story.
In Maths I will be continuing the Numeracy strategy and this will include work on addition, subtraction, counting, reading and writing numbers to 100, multiplication and division, fractions, telling the time.
Recognising all coins and solving ‘real life’ money problems and naming and classifying 2D and 3D shapes and data handling.
I will also be trying to improve my mental maths.
Things to remember:
- Your child will need the correct P.E kit every Wednesday.
- Your child’s library book will be changed every Monday.
- Home-school reading books will be changed throughout the week so please ensure that your child brings it to school everyday.
- Please read with your child as much as possible and note this in their reading record.
- Practice spellings and complete homework each week.
- Homework will be given on Friday and should be returned on Monday.