Welcome to Class 2B
Our class teacher is Mr Barber. Mrs Zaman and Miss Patel also work as teaching assistants in our class. This half-term we will be settling into our new class and learning the new routines and expectations.
Lessons this term …………
This term out topics are ‘Dinosaurs’ & ‘Plant attack!’.
In Science we will be looking at our environment and what plants need to grow. We will grow our own plants and investigate the environment which produces the best plants.
In Art we will be making animal collages and looking at the work of the famous artist, Andy Warhol and creating art pieces inspired by his work.
In English we will be continuing the Literacy Hour where I need to be able to sit still and listen and work with my class for up to sixty minutes. I will be writing my own letters, recounts and poems.
I will also be working hard to improve my punctuation and spelling.
In Maths we will be continuing the Numeracy strategy and this will include work on addition, subtraction, multiplication, division counting, reading and writing numbers to 100. Recognising all coins and solving ‘real life’ money problems and naming and classifying 2D and 3D shapes..
I will also be trying to improve my mental maths.
Things to remember:
- Your child will need the correct P.E kit every Wednesday.
- Your child’s library book will be changed every Friday.
- Home-school reading books will be changed throughout the week so please ensure that your child brings it to school everyday.
- Please read with your child as much as possible and note this in their reading record.
- Practice spellings and complete homework each week.
- Homework will be given on Friday and should be returned on Monday.