Welcome to Class 2B
Our class teacher is Mr Barber. Mrs Zaman and Miss Patel also work as teaching assistants in our class. This half-term we will be settling into our new class and learning the new routines and expectations.
In English we will be reading the book Meerkat Mail. We will be using this book to help us with story writing before moving onto non-fiction writing.
In Maths, we will be focussing on and securing our knowledge in number and place value.
In Science, we will be learning about animals and their habitats. We will also be learning about food chains, things that are living, dead and that have never alive.
Our topic this half-term is ‘Amazing Africa’. We will be learning all about the country including where it is on a map. We will also be comparing Africa and the UK and learning about the animals that live there.
Things to remember:
- Your child will need the correct P.E kit every Wednesday.
- Your child’s library book will be changed every Friday.
- Home-school reading books will be changed throughout the week so please ensure that your child brings it to school everyday.
- Please read with your child as much as possible and note this in their reading record.
- Practice spellings and complete homework each week.
- Homework will be given on Friday and should be returned on Monday.